Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Systems Engineer
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as Senior Systems Engineer. You will be on a crack squad of engineers and scientists developing new instrument platforms and launching new biological applications for 10x, interacting with product integration scientists, marketing product managers, software engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and biologists. The ideal candidate will have experience in system-level design and development of instrument platforms, and performing system integration and verification and validation, preferably in biological instrumentation.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Responsible for the system architecture and design of complex, multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Works with a multidisciplinary team of HW/SW engineers, scientists, and marketing product managers to define specifications and develop systems that meets the required performance
- Understands the system and subsystem requirements and owns the associated documentation
- Drives system integration, verification, and validation by outlining, implementing, and documenting the testing, analysis and integration activities.
- Ensures the reliability, robustness, sustainability, and feasibility of concepts and designs within budget, schedule and resources.
- Identifies risks, clearly communicates them to the project stakeholders and be responsible for the mitigation plan
- Provides technical leadership as required during the development
Required Skills and Background
- BS degree in engineering or a related field. MS Preferred
- At least 6+ years of experience in working through complete hardware product life cycle from concept through support phases
- Experience in product development process in Life Science industry
- Cross-functional experience working among several groups such as: design, product management, engineering, and business stakeholders
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Must be customer-focused, results oriented, and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with 3D modeling CAD packages such as Solidworks
- Experience in next generation sequencing technologies and workflows
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.