Senior Software Engineer in Test – Embedded Software
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Embedded Software
We're seeking Software Engineers in Test for our next generation Embedded Application Platform and Embedded Products. This platform will be used to build devices, which helps scientific researchers make discoveries, faster. This is a rare opportunity to work at the intersection of software, hardware, science to make a real impact on the world, including accelerating research that cures diseases.
Existing biology/science background is not required.
You will be responsible for the quality and reliability of our upcoming Embedded Platform. You will work with various Engineering teams and Business owners to identify the requirements and build test solutions. You will also plan out resourcing needs and work with manager to reduce risk factors.
A big part of this job is to build an automation framework, and building up sustainable automation. You are expected to build various tools needed for simulating customer scenarios and integrate it with automation framework.
- Plan, execute and report results of tests against 10X instruments at both hardware and software levels.
- Automate verification scripts. Ensure automation is executed in a CI environment.
- Update/Review automation created by peers. Ensure automation repo and test-suites are functional at all times.
- Enhance and maintain automation framework and various simulators needed for building a sustainable automation setup.
- Perform exploratory instrument testing on new/existing products. Evaluate/update existing test plans and test cases.
Desired Skills and Background
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years in Embedded app testing in experience is required.
- Experience programming in C/C++, Python or equivalent.
- Experience with building continuous integration systems or test frameworks is a plus.
- Experience in building simulators using Raspberry Pi or Arduino.
- Exposure to protocols like CANOpen, CAN, ModBus.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco. Remote development will be considered for the strongest candidates; Bay Area preferred.