Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (Applications)
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is seeking a full-stack software engineer to develop end-to-end solutions for our pioneering biological software products. These applications enable scientists to rapidly investigate cancer, the human immune system and other biological phenomena at unprecedented scale and resolution. You will work with both our computational biology teams and other front-end software engineers to add new features to our interactive visualization tools, and to add functionality to our emerging cloud application stack. You will be able to work directly with scientists both in-house and in the field, and your code will be used on a daily basis by some of the most well-known and impactful research centers and hospitals in the world. If you are the kind of person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields, and want to apply your talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us.
- Design, build, test, and ship production-ready software
- Work with computational biologists and front-end software engineers to spec out new product features.
- Define APIs, schemas, and file format changes to enable the visualization, storage and computation of complex biological data.
- Make substantive changes to web applications across the stack, from cloud deployment to UI changes.
- Design and develop cloud-based APIs for data analysis.
Desired Skills & Background:
- 3+ years shipping software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar
- Significant experience writing application-level logic within the web stack, such as Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails, Go, Node/Express, etc.
- Hands-on experience writing applications in Go or Rust a significant plus
- Front-end development experience using modern web technologies (React, Vue, Polymer, Angular, etc.) a plus
Background in biology and DNA sequencing is not required. Interest in the field is. 10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 500 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit 10xgenomics.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.