Senior Software Engineer – Front End
Location: Pleasanton, CA & San Francisco, CA
10x Genomics is a company revolutionizing the study of human biology through high-resolution genomics technology. We are seeking a front-end software engineer to develop web and interactive applications in support of our visualization tools and upcoming SaaS platform. You will be building the front-end experiences that will allow scientists and researchers to more easily run, organize and understand their 10x single-cell biology experiments -- experiments that have already shone new light on the mechanisms behind Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, autism, stem cell differentiation, and more. 10x Genomics' mission is to accelerate the understanding of human biology, and your work will be critical to supporting that acceleration.
You will be working on modern React-powered applications, incorporating modern front-end development techniques with the cutting edge of biology. If you are the kind of person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields, not just your own, and want to apply your talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
* Design, build, test, and ship production-ready software.
* Create flexible, attractive web components.
* Create pages and workflows in a scientifically-focused SaaS platform.
* Enhance and test modules in React-driven visualization tools.
* Collaborate with designers to iterate and implement visual design systems.
Desired Skills and Background
* 3+ years shipping software.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar.
* Significant experience developing web applications in modern frameworks (React, Vue, Polymer, Angular, etc).
* Familiarity with TypeScript a plus.
* Experience with Node.js and server-side rendering a plus.
* Experience with web visualization tools (D3, Plotly, regl, three.js) a plus.
* Background in biology and DNA sequencing is not required. Interest in the field is.
10x Genomics is headquartered near the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco. Remote development will be considered for the strongest candidates; Bay Area preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.