Senior HR Operations Manager
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior HR Operations Manager
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented Senior Operations Manager to join our team. Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Deliver a consistent, simple, intuitive HR Operations experiences to our Customers and Colleagues
- Manage employee lifecycle transactions including onboarding, terminations and job changes
- Deliver efficient and flawless transaction processing, data integrity and resolving employee inquiries
- Develop and execute data retention practices to comply with all employment legislation where 10x operates including Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR)
- Design/Configure and implement new HRIS and software tools as required through world-class project management which includes user acceptance testing, training and reporting
- Create process documentation in the support of COE programs, including: Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management and other special projects as needed.
- Support COE activities conducting data validation and post-mortems to improve future planning cycles to improve the employee experience
- Designed template and style guide to improve broader HR team’s documentation practices
- Direct interaction and engagement with COEs, HRBPs as well as Managers and Leaders globally.
- Partner with the leadership team to identify areas for improvement in terms of process and procedure
- Analyze and interpret business process issues and make recommendations to management and the wider HR team in relation to system updates and process improvements
- Partner with the team to build a vision of how HR Ops can be integrated into the on-boarding process
- Partner with colleagues to resolve more complex issues, ultimately reducing escalations as well as ensuring compliance by country
- Collaborate with external vendors ensuring an “employee first” attitude and proactive support
- Perform audits to determine data anomalies, gaps or completeness
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related degree
- 8 years related HR experience with specific experience in managing and supporting employee benefit plans
- 3 or more years of experience building and leading teams
- Highest standards of accuracy, precision, organization, and professional ethics of data and management of confidential personal information
- Advanced MS Office skills, Excel, PowerPoint
- Articulate, demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated, and excellent customer service
- Expert in the advanced management of HRIS systems (i.e. Workday, Greenhouse, One Model).
- Deep expertise in analytics, metrics, reporting and measurement of the team and operational health of HR, escalation and employee responsiveness.
- Expert in policy writing, administration and management.
- Experience managing all Leave of Absence processes (MLOA, CA, PLOA etc.)
- Knowledge of HR employment law, compliance and state and federal reporting.
- Tier 1-3 support
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment
- System thinking orientation – comfortable viewing problems and challenges holistically the ability to consider all interdependencies before action
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.