Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team at 10x Genomics as a Production Supervisor. The individual must have experience managing a team effectively and have a great understanding of all aspects of the different roles within Production. The individual will provide supervision and guidance to the Production employees. Under the direction of the Production Manager the individual will manage the day to day activities and make necessary improvements where needed. The individual will be expected to assist Production personnel to complete day to day activities.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, disciplined, able to manage multiple priorities, thrive in a fast-paced environment, succeed in communicating within the organization and provide an immediate contribution.
- Schedule and oversee daily production activities and manage work orders
- Measure the effectiveness of production activities and employee performance.
- Participate in cross functional groups such as:Working with Engineering to schedule preventative maintenance and calibration
- Working with Purchasing to maintain safety stock levels of production supplies and materials
- Collaborating with Process Development to implement new processes and process improvement projects
- Troubleshooting process issues with help from Engineering and Process Development
- Ensure that the team achieves KPI goals related to quality, production output, yield, cost and EH&S
- Management of multiple labs ensuring materials are organized, equipment and facilities are maintained, and EH&S standards are followed.
- Ensure employees are properly trained on pertinent procedures related to production activities and safety.
Required Skills and Background
- BA/BS degree and 5 years of production or related industry experience
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Able to investigate and resolve problems independently
- Strong Organizational skills
- Experience with an ERP software such as Oracle or SAP
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience using statistical tools such as JMP or Minitab
- Previous supervisor, project management, or planning experience in the Life Science, Biotech or Pharmaceuticals industry
- Experience writing or revising SOPs and batch records
- Participated in ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or FDA audits
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macro programming, etc.)
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience and/or experience starting up a new manufacturing process
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.