Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
10x is looking for an outstanding Process Engineer to join the Process Development team. This is a key position for the commercialization of consumable products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. This person will be responsible for developing and integrating process control and yield optimization solutions for complex reagent manufacturing workflows and identifying process to function relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in statistics and data analysis. Knowledge and hands on experience with trend analysis, yield enhancement methods, correlation and ANOVA analysis, quality systems databases, developing statistical process control for reagent manufacturing and previous experience in manufacturing SPC are required.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Develop and implement process monitoring for robust manufacturing of complex reagents.
- Establish requirements for MES system
- Write custom database queries to extract and aggregate MES, SCADA, and QC data from multiple databases, analyze this data and establish trends and guard bands for process control.
- Identify key parameters and establish statistically relevant correlations between regent QC metrics and next generation sequencing metrics.
- Contribute to CAPA investigations and remediation. Provide data analysis and support for root cause investigations.
- Provide guidance for expansion of data collection activities to R&D organization. Develop light weight sample tracking and automated data collection for subsequent sequencing.
- Produce reports on process / method capabilities, component variability and ANOVA.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of testing, conduct in-depth data analysis, and clearly communicate these results through documentation and presentations.
Required Skills and Background
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Process Chemistry, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in statistical process control and monitoring.
- BS with 5+ years of experience, or MS / PhD with 1-3 years of experience.
- Relevant experience developing process control for the manufacture of successful products.
- Previous experience programming databases is required. Experience with Oracle, Ignition, Postgres databases and NetSuite Advanced Manufacturing highly desired.
- Ability to work with scientist and engineers to establish correlations between QC data and sequencing metrics. Ability to identify potential sources of root cause for failure analysis.
- Familiar with Illumina Next Gen Sequencing data and key sequencing pipelines and metrics.
- Experience with standard statistical analysis software (e.g. JMP, CHARTrunner, Minitab, Matlab) is required.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.