Manager/Senior Manager, Business Development
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Manager/Senior Manager, Business Development
The Manager/Senior Manager, Business Development will serve as a supporting member of the Corporate & Business Development team, working in partnership with cross functional partners and the executive management team to drive and implement long term growth strategies for 10x. This position will play an important role in shaping and refining the company strategy, as well as be responsible for the evaluation and management of new and existing strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, and alliances in support of 10x’s growth.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Support strategy development. In conjunction with the team, drive development of long-term and short-term strategies to advance 10x Genomics’ positioning in the marketplace, and work with key stakeholders across the company to continuously enhance process for strategy development/strategic planning.
- Drive implementation of key initiatives. Partner with key functions to drive successful execution and implementation of strategic priorities. Collaborate with business and functional leaders to ensure seamless hand-off of strategic initiatives.
- Support opportunity prioritization. Collaborate with Strategic Marketing and R&D to build buy-in on corporate-level priorities. Analyze options, create scenarios and build recommendations that support business decisions.
- Execution of partnerships. Source and effectively negotiate successful outcomes for potential commercial and strategic partnerships, collaborations, etc. Set the framework for, and construct innovative, value-creating “win-win” deals to meet 10x’s strategic and financial objectives, while interfacing with cross functional 10x team members such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and R&D.
- Collaborate on market assessments. Partner with Marketing to drive strategic market assessments across all business fields, regions, and customer segments in a structured manner.
- Drive and collaborate on valuation. Partner with Marketing and Finance to build sophisticated models to help drive sound decisions for acquisition or partnerships. Own the model and present clearly to senior management.
Required Skills and Background
- Minimum of advanced degree in genetics, genomics, or related field and/or MBA with 2+ years of experience in the life sciences, genomics, or biopharmaceutical industries.
- Strong scientific, technical and business acumen in genomics, NGS (next generation sequencing), and/or molecular diagnostics; oncology expertise (including immuno-oncology) strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills as demonstrated by ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholder
- Financial analysis experience strongly preferred
- Experience drafting term sheets and negotiating contracts a plus
- Experience in complex deal structure within a team
- Experience of working in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility to travel up to 25%.
- Please submit deal sheet together with resume.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in strategy consulting is desirable
- Experience in financial modeling supporting M&A is desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.