10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment. To support our rapid growth, we are opening a new 10x Manufacturing and Distribution operation in Singapore. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor.
We are seeking a motivated, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our growing Singapore Manufacturing and Distribution team as a Buyer. This individual will have primary responsibilities of managing purchasing activities as well as identifying and driving various process improvement projects. The individual will report to the Singapore Purchasing Manager and will work closely with other teams such as Planning, Manufacturing, R&D, Finance and Marketing. This is a unique position with broad exposure both internally and externally doing strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract negotiation and project management.
● Execute material planning and procurement activities in a timely manner.
● Develop an efficient system to accurately track purchase requisition and purchase order status
● Participant and contribute to the monthly SNOP (Sales & Operation) meeting.
● Able to interpret SNOP demand and translate to material forecast to suppliers.
● Proactively check on availability of suppliers’ capacity and material constraints that will cause end-to-end supply chain disruption
● Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers
● Implement standardized metrics to track, maintain and drive suppliers to continuously optimize in quality, service and cost
● Be the primary point of contact for supplier communication / issue resolutions related to purchase orders
● Manage supplier relationship and supplier performance metrics
● Manage purchasing contract and ensure contract is renew on time
● Identify and drive process improvements to improve supply chain performance
● Support sourcing activities for new product / service
● Support the implementation of future new ERP, P2P systems and features
● To take on ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Skills and Background
● Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or Supply Chain Management preferred. Diploma holders with more years of experience will also be considered.
● Minimum 2 years of experience in purchasing /planning or similar capacity
● Meticulous, have an eye for details and ability to work independently as well as in a team
● Great quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
● Ability to think creatively to identify new and better solutions
● Organized, detail-oriented and a service mentality to internal customers
● Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
● Demonstrated leadership potential and ability to take up larger responsibility quickly
● Ability to travel when required.
● Scientific training / exposure to Life Science consumables with good experience buying chemicals and reagents.
● Singapore Citizen/PR highly considered