Location: Pleasanton, CA
By joining 10X Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong operational and general accounting background having worked in both public accounting and private industry. Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, this individual will be a business partner to our sales and operations teams and will collaborate with management to implement important operational accounting and reporting processes to support the fast growth of the company. This individual will support the accounting close and reporting process, interface with auditors for the annual audit, and run the daily accounting function.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution to the accounting department.
- Develop, enhance & maintain accounting policies and controls.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual close process. Partner with FP&A on month-end close for accounting-related information as well as to understand business drivers that impact the financial results.
- Review account reconciliations and perform variance analysis.
- Drive annual audits including interactions with external auditors.
- Design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all SOX requirements, including the assistance in development, documentation and implementation of internal controls
Desired Skills and Background
- 7+ years of experience with at least 2 years as an Accounting Manager with complete responsibility for the preparation of consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements.
- BA Accounting or related degree.
- Small to mid-sized company experience – public or private.
- CPA or on track to complete their certification.
- Experience in SEC filings is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and preparation of footnotes. Preparation of statutory reports and experience in preparing 10Qs and 10Ks is desirable.
- Sarbanes Oxley & associated controls monitoring and testing.
- Must have been responsible for the management and development of an accounting staff of 3 or more, covering all GL, fixed assets, investments, AR, AP, and payroll functions.
- ASC 718 and employee stock options management.
- Inter-company transactions and consolidations experience.
- Extensive experience working in ERP systems and experience in ERP implementations is a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel skills.
- Proven track record in making improvements in all areas of accounting practices and policies.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct accounting research and document findings.
- Must manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with short deadlines with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.